View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As I suspected, the clip on the end of these is wrong. It will fit and hold the blade in until it makes repeated cycles.

What happens is, since it is reversed, when the force of the wiper moves toward the outboard side, it compresses the spring action of the clip, making it narrower than the opening in the arm. Eventually it slips out, and the blade moves toward the outboard side. I am going to try it reversed in the arm, but I don't think that will work. Might try to use the old clip in this blade, but the slot & holes are configured differently. Maybe I can just change out the rubber. The assembly is slightly longer with shorter amount of rubber on the one I took out.

The one that functions right is on top. The end of the clip acts as a stop for the blade in the arm when it pushes to the outboard side. If you look at it closely, you can see the scratches where the arm moves on the clip and stops at the end. The # on the top one is USA 5 8A17C.

Compressing the tangs in the end of the arm is not recommended since these are fragile & difficult to replace when you go too far.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress

Last edited by Deadhead; 12-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.