View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Electronic controlled transmissions are not new, GM has had them since 1991. Anyway, I talked about the T400, not electronically controlled, and easily able to handle a 500 HP Pontiac with just a few modifications. I do believe the OP was originally concerned about breaking transmissions, and asked for input. I offered input based on my own past experiences. After looking at the pictures I don't think it's a weekend street driver.

From the pictures posted, the OP looks to have a dedicated race car, if he has gone to the trouble of building a race car he might want to win races, not go out and have "fun" shifting gears with a 4 speed...............

Not too many people on this board have driven closed course cars as 99% have drag cars and the race section is almost entirely devoted to drag racing. If that's what floats yer boat, that's fine. I myself like other forms of racing, and have participated in them as well.

If the OP was dead set on a stick car, then he can disregard my comments. I didn't get the idea from asking for input, that there was no consideration of any other transmission, but then I have no idea of his criteria, for his car.

I have a tendency to not follow the crowd, and work/look outside of the box. Innovative ideas win races, not following what everyone else is doing. A friend of mine that raced circle track for many years put it in perspective.

Sirrotica, no worries and I appreciate any input. The reason for this car is we have been doing track days with our stock chassis cars and I just don't feel comfortable going fast and not having proper safety around me. We are building the car to potential run classes at our track but if/when we run them it wouldn't be for a long time, 35 with two small girls gives me little weekends free. The idea for the car was to do the best we can on a budget but not skimp on safety and as funds are found down the road upgrades can be made. In a perfect world it would be done all at once but budget isnt there. Issue with that is I want to drive and become a faster driver and I want to be safe so this my best way of doing that.
My 70TA has a TH400 in it and it's seen plenty of autocross and track days and I can assure you that your right, if it was a 4 speed car I would have been slower!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk