View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
As b-man said, Billet is the only true American choice and you would need to verify where the billet came from if that's important to you. Crower current lead time is about 6 months and approaching 4K now with all the price increases. A more budget friendly, sort of USA made and with good quality control may be a Molnar Crankshaft. The machining is done in the USA, and their quality control is excellent from my limited experience so far. Other Chinese cranks say the machining is done in the USA as well but that doesn't guarantee quality. Eagle, Scat and some others make those claims. No matter what, you as the customer will need to check it yourself or have a trusted machine shop verify ALL the dimensions when you get it. Good luck.
Mike, the only Pontiac crank Molnar offers is a 3” main with 4.25” stroke. I know of a few people who asked the owner of Molnar about producing a 3” main 4” stroke forged crank at PRI. His comment was he needed orders to justify producing such a crank. I, for one, would purchase one in a heartbeat. The thought of investing several hundred dollars into a Chinese forged crank, just to have to invest several hundred more into it to make it useable doesn’t thrill me.

Dr. Thomas Sowell