Thread: Close Call
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 03:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL BOWMAN1 View Post
When snakes start robbing liquor stores and stealing cars, I will be all for killing them...
I think that attempted murder and coiled in wait by our front door is much worse than steeling cars from people I don't know. Luckily my wife was coming home and spotted the snake by the front door. If she had been going out the door the snake would have nailed her.

Had a real estate friend that was bitten while reaching down to turn off a clients leaking sprinkler valve. Was in shock by the time the ambulance got her to the hospital, and even with the antivenom shots a lot of flesh rotted and fell from her arm. Never did recover the use of her hand or any feeling from the elbow on down.

My old weapon of dispatch was my 870 Bushmaster, but after the second report turned in of shots fired by the housing track people about a mile away I downsized to a 22 revolver with bird shot. It's amazing how well it works and the little pop doesn't result in panicked phone calls from our transplanted urban neighbors. Much less mess to clean up although it leaves dozens of pinholes in the dried skin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rattlesnake.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	589452