View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife and I go to a fair number of rock, and country rock live shows each year. Not sure what the legal definition is for a band to use their name without "tribute" being inserted. It seems though from the many shows we go to that if just 1 original member or even one member who was with the band when the major hits were recorded is with the band, they still go by the band name. We go to enjoy the music and the results are all over the place. With the ages of the performers generally in their late 60's and older, some still sound really great and others probably should have stopped years earlier. I still have a good time, even if some are a little cringe worthy. A couple of standouts, Mark Lindsey of Paul Revere and the Raiders still sounds great, Mark Knofler, Alice Cooper, James Taylor, The Outlaws, Jimmy Buffet, Peter Noone, Brian Wilson, Heart, Charlie Daniels, all sounded great. Really looking forward to seeing the Zombies in about 2 months. Small Venue, about 300. 3 original members.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: