View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 05:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
So is it the gears slapping around due to clearances or is it posi clutch chatter? Big difference
I don't know for sure since I'm not an expert, but as time goes on it seems more like clutch chatter. No straight line noise. No noise at speed or under any load condition. No noise going from forward to reverse or vice versa. It only does it at very low speed when turning, mostly turning to the left it seems.

I had it out for a drive today and got it good and warmed up. At the end of the ride there was just a hint of chatter turning left at very low speed. It was barely noticeable today. In fact, if I wasn't previously aware of it, I probably wouldn't have noticed it today. So it seems like it's getting a lot better.

I wasn't able to find a good place to do figure 8's today but I'll do that soon. I also have some GM posi additive on the way.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share