View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I've been very interested in the 3M guns .... seems like a great idea and I love their other products, plus I think I could use all my PPS stuff with them out of the box. I'll have to research them a bit more.

What's the typical price for a gallon of "good" Verdora Green versus "cheap" paint? Price is certainly not enough of an issue for me that I would use poor quality paint, but in my opinion the car is not worthy of $1000/gal paint either. I'd much rather screw up $300/gal paint than $1000/gal

My main concern when it come to paint is ease of use, flexibility in the temps/humidity it requires, ease of sanding (if needed), adhesion, resistance to runs etc.
Everybody starts out saying …it’s going to be a driver,so Iam not that anal about the finish. Just something that looks good from 20 feet. You’ll change your tune,real fast once it’s painted. Then ..here comes the wet sanding and buffing…going for the “ Shave my face in it finish “ …just keep that in mind. Been through this with every customer…..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MUSLCAH For This Useful Post: