View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 01:49 PM
Senior Chief

I think that LPH400 would be a great choice. In the end it’ll come down to you and a quality gun “getting to know each other” lol
Spray all stuff you can find around the house that could you a fresh coat paint so you get the feel down, then spray a bunch of test panels with the exact materials you plan to use. Once your settings are dialed in, it’s just you and the gun working out the details on speed/technique. Just my thoughts… as someone who will never spray at the full potential of any of the “pro” guns in all honesty.

Totally agree with what was said above regarding Iwata/SATA. My main guns were always Iwatas and those seemed to fit me better. I feel like the SATAs were always forcing me to move faster than I was comfortable with (and that was when I was primarily spraying boats where moving faster was convenient). That’s even true with my SoLV now, but I’m adapting.

Parts for Iwata have always been much easier for me to find, and also find cheaply (in comparison).

The only gun I could never entirely work things out with was a Supernova, but I recall many having issues. I’d be really interested to try the new 3M Performance Spray as a single gun solution with its’ advancements over the Accuspray. $300 with several size heads and PPS included. The early reviews look great provided they’re all legit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy11 For This Useful Post: