View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here’s my fear of the Speedmaster heads, most of us buy them, usually 3-4-5 months down road, before their into use. Maybe sooner who knows. Yeah definitely can have them check out before their installed. They’ve had an issue with quality control, yeah you can flow them, clean them up, check the guides, make sure the springs are good for your Application. This is only to make people think. But here’s what almost never gets checked. Of course unless the seats are removed.

What happens down the road when you finally get it running 4-5 mouth’s later, all of a sudden, you have a water leak and after banging your head against the wall, trying to find it, going through the process of elimination, well we know it’s not head gasket and after all avenues has been exploited, you find out, it’s leaking water around the seats. That can’t be fixed. Or you had the head for 7-8 months and finally put them to use.

This has happen, first thing I would do is have those heads pressure tested. The other thing no one has question is what’s the quality of the aluminum ? Do the heads become soft after miles or passes. There is tons of videos of other makes, other then Pontiac hobby. There has been allot of issues.