View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 10:02 PM

Default 1967 GTO Basket case...

Long time lurker, I had another account, but can't for the life of me remember it or what email it is attached to. Please excuse the lack of posts. anyways.

I need some direction here. I have this car, It's a real GTO, but it's a hot mess. I bought this my junior year of high school....Completely disassembled. I parted out 2 ruff lemans to put it back together. It took about 4 years to find all the parts to get it where it is. Being young didn't exactly leave much budget to finish it. But I hung on to it and stored it at my Parents house until recently. Unfortunately it doesn't fit inside at my house. So in order to keep it, I need to do something fast.

I currently have about $6,700 in it including purchase price in 2001, Got it to the point of whole and running and driving so I could keep it and it has basically sat every since. I'm not really sure what to do with it or where to start. It runs and drives, no interior installed, though I have a complete interior kit. It's currently got a 68 350 HO and 4 speed. It's a pretty low option car. I have all the big parts to complete it and most of the small stuff too. It really needs to have rust repair and be painted. I have a 455 to eventually build too. I kinda envision it as my nice daily driver with a heater. All my cars are drivers. My other cars are a 1931 Model a jalopy pickup that I drive daily in warmer weather. It has no heater and a 1979 Ford F250 supercab which sucks for city daily driving duties....

At this point, I have lost some of the fire to work on it. I am thinking I either need to sell it or straighten, rust repair, and paint it. any encouragement would be great..