View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da judge View Post
At that 1993 GTOAA Nationals my buddy and Quint Stires lined up their white Judges in front of the host hotel. My buddy told me that the Stires car was a genuine documented WT 7 car. BVZ says he has documented three WT 7 cars. I wonder, is the old Stires Judge is one of them?
The name Quint Stires sounds familiar. I was at the GTOAA Nationals in Redwing, MN in 2001 and I had parked my '70 Polar White Judge in the parking lot instead of registering it because although the body & paint were done, I was missing the driver's side front marker light and the interior wasn't that good.

At one point I saw 5 white '70 Judges lined up in front of the hotel. As I ran to my car to get my camera, my wife overheard someone in the crowd state "there's another white '70 Judge in the parking lot, I wonder who owns it". My wife spoke up and said it was mine. They told her to tell me to bring it up into the lineup too.

So she went to go tell me. I went back and pulled my Judge up alongside the others - I'm at the very far end in the picture. I met a guy that said he was taking pictures for HPP magazine and I'm pretty sure his name was Quint Stires. Anyway, that picture with my car in it ended up in the next HPP magazine. Picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200418_205842551.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	585958  

Last edited by 70ALLRIZE; 03-11-2022 at 07:51 PM.