View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
... The RamIV 4spd - Red Interior - WT7 was also a PMD Internal Use Car.
An eventual owner preferred it more as a conventional White Judge - and changed the decals and spoiler back to default colors.
Shet Happens both ways
Some more trivial trivia about that car :
It was frame-off restored and later sold for a stack of cash.
And sold at least 2 more times after its restoration.

PY member Cuzn'Greg/GregsGTO's owned the car at one time (unrestored) , i am not sure if he was the one who restored it or not. He did restore a fair amount of RamIV cars in his hey-days , but i am not sure he restored this one. I think he gathered more stuff for it and flipped it - iirc.

He never shared the Bsheet on here (it was with the car), and didn't know it was a WT7 car.
(PMD Bsheets are much different from all others)
Someone got the car and restored it , as a Default White Judge (non-WT7).
A guy in Florida got the car, and went to resale it on eBay (restored), and posted the Bsheet on the eBay listing .

I don't remember now if i made the initial discovery on eBay or if someone alerted me to it asking if it was a potential WT7 car.
But
when examined
it was indeed a 604 (WT7) option car - and the stripe/decal codes backed it up further.

BAM ! The 1st USA Plant Built WT7 was finally documented !
[not implying it was 1st CAR BUILT - only that it was the 1st one we could ever firmly document that wasn't from Oshawa.
So asking readers not to confuse that terminology. ]

So i alerted the Florida Seller on eBay and he shared everything with us, Very Cooperative enthusiast .
He pulled it off eBay and corrected it to proper WT7 Appearance.
Think he kept it for another while longer after that.

A number of years later the RamIV WT7 is back on eBay
Now with a different owner in a different part of the country.
Still in immaculate looking condition -
but had been changed back to Default Decals and White Spoiler, again.

The new seller made no publicity in the listing to it being a PMD Internal Car or a Documented WT7 .
Seemed more like a wife or heir selling off an old car left behind.
No idea where that car is now.

The 1971 WT7 Automatic - White Interior , has a similar type of discovery story.