View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Kind of 50 yr Anniversary last Monday I forgot

I forgot an anniversary of sorts. I was preoccupied with a visit to the oncologist after a PET Scan detected prostate cancer. Wed I had the outcome. The oncologist said yes I have cancer but it's small and slow developing. Now ck the bone marrow and groin area. That's what I was thinking. Now the anniversary. I was at Kennametal working got a phone call after lunch from my friend Jim Miller,Pontiac racer,mechanic at Constantin Pontiac. His words,'your car is in'. Finally I thought since Nov of 73. Guys at work were ribbing me I didnt order a new car since Nov.One 1974 SDTA.Admiraty blue minimum options. 40k later it's still original. Blue paint shows poor paint from factory. That night I went to see the car.Sitting in darken garage,'this is mine I said have unbelieving have knowing'.Car would be ready Tuesday. So with anticipation at work that day and getting a 'check' from CU I headed to pick car up. Driving home that night was the smell of a new car,little more that quarter tank of gas.i took my time. Felt the torque, the firm shifts of the M40.i will never forget. I didnt chirp or squeal tires that would come later. Jim told me later i almost didnt get the car.i told Salesman i do not want car if it comes in as std 455. Ok. He changed order to std 455 after i left!! Dealers owner and son knew from Jim what i wanted they changed order to the SD option,whew.Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by sdbob; 03-17-2024 at 08:13 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post: