View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My first car, 17 years old, 1966 Tempest 2dr, 326 2bbl .... first week of my senior year I ran it into a light pole in the school parking lot .....yes I was injured. The car was a beauty, passed down through my family to me. I had just had it painted black, new wheels and tires, nice white pen strips, GTO hood. After the crash my father confiscated it and sold it. A couple of months later while I was riding my bike to work I saw someone else driving it, probably had the frame straightened.

So I ride my bike to work for months and months my whole senior year ...graduation day (1976) I buy a 1968 GTO from my art teacher. Within six months of buying that car I'd be arrested for reckless driving (with 100+mph pursuit), drag racing, and the final straw, hitting an old lady in an Impala (she was quite badly injured) while I was racing a friend (Lee Brewer, Sprint Car driver ..look him up) back from the drag strip (Lakeland Drag Strip). All these were separate incidents.

Of course I was grounded from driving my car for a while, in the meantime I saved up and bought a 68 lemans which I cannibalized to repair the GTO. I was now out of highschool, waiting to join the military. The first day I got the GTO back on the road, I was doing a burnout in the grocery store parking lot where I worked. I overshot the parking lot and slide to a stop in the middle of the road ....a pickup truck with a couple in it slam on the brakes and barely miss me. I look over, only to see my Mother and Father in that pickup. Car was taken away again.

At the court date for the accident involving the old lady ....my Mother thought it fitting to tell the judge how I almost killed them while racing around in a parking lot. Thanks Mom

Six months later I was in the military and my days of acting like an idiot were almost over, not completely, but almost. The military had whole new ways of "grounding" me when I misbehaved.

Anyway ....point being, I turned out ok. I did a lot of stupid stuff, back in the day, in Tenn. when we'd like to think it was a different world. I won't even get into the drugs I did...and this was rural TN. in the early 70's.

I think Bieber is a douche, but not because of the stuff he is doing. Just because he is just such a pajamaboy while he does it. And the whole thug life wannabe thing is just so old. If I had his money and toys when I was that age I can promise you I wouldn't be alive to talk about it right now.
JohnnyB