View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestFugit View Post
I could not care less about this kid or his music, but holy crap!

The kid is nineteen!

He has hundreds of millions of dollars and the world at his feet. How are you going to keep him down on the farm!?

His blood alcohol was half the legal limit for a kid thirteen months older than he is.
He was doing 60 in a 35 - IN A LAMBORGHINI!
His father was with him and blocking the street (half-assed attempt at safety? sure but something at least.)

OK dangerous! stupid! bad example! blah blah blah!
(Egg-ing a neighbors house? In-your-face paparazzi mouth-off? again, blah blah blah)

Perfect situation for a teach-able moment instead of a Police-State over reaction.

When I was his age, (the drinking age was 18 in New York State) we had been doing much worse for three years or more.

A friend of mine, Chief of Police around here for decades*, would have taken his keys away, driven him home and explained the facts of life to him... man to man.

* see video "All Hail Chief Mooney"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqftfWDOmQ

Sure was a different world.

P.S.
When Buddy Holly was 19 he opened for Elvis>
Keith Moon joined the Who at 18
Hank Williams at 14 had a radio show

The problem is he is a rich brat that is out of control, and has no respect for others, and thinks money will buy him out of any trouble he gets in. His parents are not much better, as he gets his prescription drugs from his mom, and they do not want to upset their cash cow with discipline. This is only one of the many situations this kid has been in, and it apparently will not be the last.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis H. For This Useful Post: