View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Better. I would see if you could fix the 1050, making the zeros not so round thus aligning with the 675 number above. The 4 horizontal lines could be closer to the edges, just not all the way. And, is there a way to make the degree signs a tad bolder? Way to hang in here.
I got these addressed - Dennis caught the same issues.

Here's another pass. I was looking at the pic with NOS decal and it looks like the fonts might be a little blown out, so I tried a version with the weight of the fonts slightly reduced by negatively offsetting the path as you'll see below. You all can tell me if this is a failed experiment or not.

There's so much more nuance to these things than just typing out a bunch of works. In this case, after getting the fonts and weights generally right, I break them apart and outline them (which makes them more like an illustration), blow the entire artwork up 500%, slightly round the corners on the letters, offset the stroke if necessary, then shrink it back down to 100%.

The evolution of the fonts looks like this:

When I break up the fonts to modify them, that makes future edits or corrections a little more of a chore so I keep multiple versions of the art.

The low resolution on the forum makes it hard to see all the details which is why I like to output them and take photos.

Standard weight fonts:

Fonts with a slightly negative offset path:

Output comparison - left has the lighten type, right is regular:

Lighter fonts on top, regular fonts on bottom:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pc_standard_fonts.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	610064   Click image for larger version

Name:	pc_lighter_fonts.jpg
Views:	42