View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I learned an important life lesson when I got divorced in 2001, had to sell the house and clear out a 1200 square foot pole building of things I'd been collecting for years, parts, tools, cars, because I had to move into a 1 bdrm apartment. Much of the stuff I gave away because of only having 2 weeks to clean everything out wasn't long enough to sell everything. I took 3 dump truck loads to a junkyard and got $0 for it. IT'S JUST STUFF!!!! there are other things more important than where your stuff ends up.

I was bitter for a long time about giving up some of my prized possessions it was making me depressed and the bitterness was eating me up. I finally let go of the resentment and I'm fine without my stuff. Life goes on without stuff.

I get to go to the races and enjoy them, knowing how much time racing dirt cars consumes. I just go home and go to bed and don't have to work all week to get a car ready for next weekend. I even stopped selling T Shirts at shows because I never got to see the race cars and show cars being tied to a T shirt booth. I have decided to build 2 project cars that if I had kept all my saved stuff I wouldn't be able to do. Funny how some events change your outlook and what you never thought you couldn't live without, you really can live without.

Just my reflections, each person is different and makes up their own mind.

I'm not suggesting anyone sell their parts or cars tools etc. Just step back and look and see what's important in your life at this time. Some things can be replaced later on, some things aren't as important as we'd like to believe. Everyone has different values and needs, so you have to decide what's right for you at this time in your life.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: