Thread: Grudge race fun
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Grudge race fun

I finally got the chance to go back to the track last Wednesday. It was the first time out since I changed from an Electric Maziere water pump back to a belt driven pump. I wasnt sure how much that would cost me in ET. And it was B@lls hot and humid...lol..The 1st hit was bad. I spun the tires bad, let out then back on it. I ran 7.07 @ 100 mph. As I let it cool down for another run i watched the other cars there. I saw a Tesla there running really good. I saw a couple 6.7-6.80 passes. @ 101 mph. As I made it back to the lanes, me in the right lane behind 2 other cars with nobody in the left ( right lane has a reputation for working better ) the Tesla pulled inot the left and waited for me. I knew he was gonna wait to run me. Sure enough he did. We lined up, he tree'd me a little but i was around him in 1st gear and pit about 2 cars on him. I went 7.58@104 he went 7.78 @ 101. After he gave me a thumbs up and waved. After a while I went for another pass and sure enough there he was again. Wanted to try it 1 more time. This time he left way early, but i still got around him before the end. My 7.58 @ 104.8 to his 7.88 @ 101. Both were rally fun races.
Next day I find out he has a Youtube channel where he post his video races " beating up" on Muscle cars both modern and classic. I'm waiting to see if he posts these.😁 He does have some neat videos.