View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 11:42 AM

LS engines is the gift the Marketing Gods made to SEMA ..

The LS saved the dwindling aftermarket business just like the Chevrolet small block made it explode 60 years ago.

LSX aftermarket sure makes lots of people rich... the LS craze is what Fast and The Furious did for the Import market!

As for fine tuning existing set ups, most people dont understand the value of it.

Its more exciting to swap, slap a bunch of shiny parts together in hopes to have big HP dyno sheets to brag about than spending a couple hours changing jets, adjusting floats ,or weights in a dizzy.

People say no need to learn how to tune a carburetor anymore EFI is here to save us , but EFI like carburetors need fine tuning... fine tuning is a nerd's job... nothing super exciting more incremental gains....

Even myself I'm guilty of not having learned how to fully master that lost art and would gladly volunteer some time with guys like Cliff or my transmission builder to pick their brains and learn the ropes before they get fed up and pull the plug...

The industry cares about selling you parts... how they fit or how they perform its not their problem anymore.... just look at reproduction sheetmetal or valvetrain parts...

Peter

The Following User Says Thank You to besserspat For This Useful Post: