View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 10:31 AM

Thats exactly what I think...I collect cars and motorcycles and also drive newer vehicles equipped with "fancy" EFI, Overdrives, working A/C and power seats ...lol

But what draws me to old objects including cars is the fact that they feel, smell and look different. I like a fine running well tuned classic. It can be mild geared or with an OD transmission in order to squeeze more MPG in order to drive it more often.

I thought of swapping my 2004r in my 73 Firebird, but I opted for the simpler bulletproof th400, Continental 3200 Stall and 3.08 gears behind the 461.

And I totally understand people that only have one vintage car and like new challenges of swapping the lastest and greatest engine available at the time. Some people love modern tech in old iron.

I always had friends who were the guys who first swapped 700R4 in the early 80s even if the transmissions we're not really tough, then the 5.7L TPIs with computer chips and airfoils, then the LT1s with optispark and heads that fitted on nothing else, then LSX that starts as a "internet says its plug and play" but can nickel and dime you to death to make it run properly.

I like the LS platform otherwise I wouldn't own a 1999 WS6 Formula 6 speed and have "new" LS2 and LS7 engines shrinkwrapped on my shelves waiting for me to start their respective projects.

Most my cars are gas guzzlers like toyota 4runner v8 ( best is 17 mpg), Jeep Wranglers TJs ( best 17 mpg), Ram 1500 sport 4x4 V8 ( best 17 mpg), My LBZ duramax may get around 20-22 but Diesel is expensive.

Besides my motorcycles, the only frugal cars I own are a 1992 LT1 corvette that averages 23 mpg which I love for road trips and an old Mazda Miata that should be around 27 mpg, I never paid attention.

I dont really put mileage on my '99 Formula WS6 since its supposed to be the rarest Formy ever, but its fun to drive with the 6 speed.

Peter

Last edited by besserspat; 02-03-2023 at 10:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to besserspat For This Useful Post: