View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches4392 View Post
That was with my current set-up (worn out E-heads with minor port work). I use a standard icon forged piston flat top. Went with 64cc and standard flow. Had to cut cost as much as I can, money is super tight but it was either buy these and feel good about my heads and make race season, or keep get a full valve job done on the old edelbrocks.

I dropped the long block in last night, probably a good 4 hours left to fire-up (put transmission in, button everything up, etc). Wish I could fire it tonight since its the nicest day we'll have until Wednesday, but spent too much time chasing my tail on some nitpicky things. I also ran into some snafu's with the heads.

The water jacket holes were kind of burred and I guess the cheap tap I had wasn't cleaning the threads well and it boogered up one of the steel 3/4 NPT plugs, so that should be here today. I also ran into an issue where my Aerospace vacuum pump bracket doesnt line up with the holes on the heads (angle is right, but the two bolt holes are about .4" off length wise), so I'm going to have to think of a way to fabricate something for it to work. As close as the hole is to the remaining material of the bracket, it's going to be tricky.... and I'm probably overthinking it lol. Any picture or ideas you guys have would be appreciated.

Ended up only needing a 9.35" push rod - interestingly enough the 0.4" the bolt holes are off on my bracket was the exact length my push rod needed to be longer... what are the odds lol.
thanks for the updates and good luck. what part of TX? i'm in Alamogordo NM
i'm very interested in what the changes did for you
i seriously have an itching for the 56cc heads, and KRE said i wouldn't have piston/valve clearance issues. i wasn't sure cause i know eheads with stock pistons can/do

what port flow did you go with and what intake you using? i may have missed some details so i'll recheck this thread