View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 07:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
What would the Iwata equivalent of the SataJet 4000 rp be, assuming they make an equivalent.
Does anyone still use "conventional" guns, meaning not HVLP and not Reduced Pressure Compliant?
The Satajet products seem pretty hard to find reliably.
Are the HVLP and RP guns better than the old conventional pressure guns?
I can't answer your question about Sata guns. I do know Barry has them and likes them. He also owns an Iwata LPH-400. I have heard that the Sata guns are a faster gun than the Iwata. The Iwata also has a wide spray pattern where you typically hold closer to the panel. Also the slow factor of the Iwata is better for beginners and hobbyists that don't paint near as often as pro does.

You sure don't see anyone that uses conventional guns anymore. I still have an old Binks gun but only use it on furniture once in a while using water based products.

Another big advantage with the HVLP guns is the ability to use a cup system for it. I use the DeVilbiss DeKups system. Take a look at those and the 3M PPS system. There are others out there too. This is a must have IMO. No more spills or leaks and you can spray from any angle. Even up side down.

And btw, I was reading an SPI forum post and saw Barry say he thinks Wanda base is as good or better than the major brands. He mentioned Motobase too as being as good or better but Motobase is mixed at 1:1 where Wanda is 2:1.
I don't know the price difference in the two but both are going to be less than the major brands.
http://www.spiuserforum.com/index.ph...vs-wanda.5757/

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: