View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 09:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Glad you asked this Muslcah.
Base gets reduced at 1:1. 4 gallons sprayable. It's a lot for a convertible, I know. But I like having left over color. Saves color matching headaches if anything happens down the road. I intend to make my car a keeper.
I probably should be able to do this car with 1 gallon (2 gallons sprayable). But I'd feel better having a gallon plus 1 quart on hand to start with. Then I think about pricing and the potential of something happening to the car and needing more and choose the extra gallon instead of the quart.
I was happy to have the extra paint on hand with my last project when my El Camino got caught in an unexpected hail storm 2 years ago. I didn't have to repaint the entire car but a pretty good percentage of it.

SPI Universal Clear is also a 1:1 mix. I never mind having extra of their clear. I always end up needing that for things and never buy just a quart. But, it's always better not to buy the hardener until you need it.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO

Last edited by roger1; 07-29-2021 at 10:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: