View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 03:30 PM
Boost Engineer

Thanks for the post Paul K.

I would say, based on your post above, that there is a chance that could happen.
Not sure as far as the "falling out of a head" part though.
Last time I looked when the valve was installed in the head the valve head was bigger vs the seat ID. And if the seat moved down in the head I would assume you would have some valve train noise, be it a solid cam, hydraulic roller, or a solid roller. The valve would still be trapped by the valve seat and vice-versa and the spring pressure would return the seat to the bottom of the pocket when the valve closed each time, right?
And make NOISE?

I try to describe how things actually work in an engine.

Sorry to hear that Edelbrock has not let you sell heads, but in order to sell heads you would have to have received heads, correct. I think when Vic, JR and Cami cashed out, all bets were basically off. Know nothing about the current company.

Unless you are hard of hearing, like me, or ignoring normal inspections of the engine, chassis, etc a person would notice the warning signs (before a valve seat fell out of a head) could actually happen.

Just saying. But there is always an exception I suppose with a head used in a race application. Lot better heads out there for a race application.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.