View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 02:17 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
I believe the manufacturer called it good by including a note stating the valve seat may fall out if the head is ported.... That was a simpler fix.

Remember all the folks that got there panties wadded up over the core shift issues with the reproduction intake manifolds.... That was funny.
With good reason. My post will be about the reproduction intake manifolds. Not going to discuss the above comment in any way
since I was involved directly in Chris C Tri-Power aluminum intakes.

A Bit of history:

Barry Grant did a Pontiac Tri-power intake many years ago.
A PY Member bought one. Posted pictures. A lot of issues with the casting.

Then Barry did a second run, better but still issues.

Finally Barry Grant did a third short run of the intakes. Pontiac 6-Shooter I believe it was called.
It was a very nice intake, I own one and had it further ported by Dave on the east coast.

Then we move to the Rochester Carb aluminum for the Tri-Power 66 engine.
PY's owner had a run made. I got one of the first intakes for testing on a flow bench.
Very nice finish and even flow thru the runners. Chris at PY did good.

Then the "Other Companies" started making knock-off intakes which were barely acceptable (with work) to "not going to work at all".
I did not see any bitching by the members when the Tri-Power clones were being sold by some of the people posting here.

So it is rare to get a part that fits and works well on a first run. Chris proved it could happen.

So now we have some "Edelbrock" head "clone" castings.

Obvious to me that the guys who sell the "E-version" aluminum heads would make a lot of posts on the subject.
(All negative, naturally), got to keep that "E-version" head paying the bills.

They probably sold the piss-poor Knock-off version of the Aluminum Tri-Power intakes too.

So it one case it is all business and in the other, all bashing, in my opinion.
But entertaining, never the less.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 12-03-2022 at 02:23 PM.