View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Deuce 64 View Post
so why change it at all ? just rebuild it It's a nice car as it is.
Well heres the scoop.
-The engine is original and the block is still good, but its also .030 already and im not going to take a chance on blowing it up....again. Im going to find a donor engine to play with and hop up a bit so if I hurt that engine i wont care.

- I have the original automatic but not the his/hers shifter and console. In our foolishness we sold that 10 years ago because it was collecting dust. We did change the car over to a 4 speed when i was in Highschool. The small hole is already in the floor and the tab is on the frame, plus i have all the odds and ends. I currently have a good Richmond 5 speed and Long H-pattern shifter sitting in the garage so im going to get a scattersheild and SFI flywheel and use it.

-The chassis mods will be modest. No cutting or welding. Just bolt in stuff. Maybe coil overs, tubular A arms, big sway bars etc. Nothing radical. In the rear ill probably use some adjustable uppers and aftermarket lowers. The steering needs to be updated. It has manual steering right now {installed by yours truly in order to go faster in HS} The old power steering wasnt in great shape so ill just update the whole thing at once.

-I like the look of the 17-18" wheels on the big A-body cars. I dont want it to look gaudy so im going with a classic looking Torque Thrust II wheel with a tire that will fit nicely in the wheel well with no mods. I know everyone has them but they are economical and a very nice looking wheel.

-I think all classics should AT LEAST have front discs. If im doing those, I may as well do the back and be done with it. I drove a 70' chevelle in highschool that had 4 wheel power drums and i remember driving through a deep puddle once and loosing them almost altogether. HAHA...good thing no one was in front of me.

This is a good representation of what im looking for when im finished. Anyone on here know who owns this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gto-(1).jpg
Views:	786
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	186887