View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 01:50 AM

Thanks Steve!

Glad to read it still exists. Way too many 4 door hardtops parted/crushed etc by those failing to recognize their potential, even particularly weirdly so in the past near two decades when they were no longer 5-15 year old "used cars".

White with blue is a particularly great color, especially as it roughly mimicks the Trans Am. Seems there should be some of these cars - hardtop or even post sedan - factory ordered with the 400, or 455 (if 1971-1972), yet have yet to see it. But even if a not so desirable color, std 350 2b, would be nice to find more of these 4 door hardtops for some interesting touring car builds. Recently obtained a 1972 Luxury LeMans, original 350 2b gone, but thankfully blue inside and out, with no vinyl roof. My plan is to build it as a "what if" Luxury LeMans Sport (Pontiac only offered the 4 door hardtop LeMans Sport for 1970-71, and also dropped the LeMans 4 door hardtop, making the LML the only such intermediate Pontiac 4 door hardtop for 1972.

Would love seeing more photos of you 70 LM 4drhtp. Am curious to see how the dash looks with right hand drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Steve View Post
Thanks Douglas, yes, still in my possession, part of the family for 40 plus years now, but has been off the road for many years. I've seen 70 GTO fronts on wagons, but never a 70 4 door sedan. I have seen 71 4 door hardtops with the endura front though.

1972+ Lucerne Blue 4-door hardtop "what if" T-41 Le Mans Sport GT/Grand Am concepts. Equipped with future 3" journal "455 HO"/"what if" prototype "SD 455".
What if GM had continued production of the 1970-72 GM A body somewhere in the southern hemisphere?