View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Your loaded question is valid and thanks for the kindness Don.

Well, what kind of dual quad intake do you want to make? Single or Dual plane? To fit your heads or a factory head?

OR, do you go with making an intake to fit the factory head configuration and then go with spacers?

I think 2500 to 3000 would be a realistic wallet opening experience to me, but that's just me. Some guys would choke on that number, but you have to look at the project as a whole. This is coming from a guy who is willing to throw down 10K for an original intake. There are 3 that I know of, and no one wants to part with them, so I have to make one.

I would consider Tom and I the upper end of the hobby experience so take that with a grain of salt my friend. Clearly, the lower the cost the more units you shall sell.

It's a tough call Don. My first knee jerk reaction would be to go for a stock (physical) head size and modify the internals as best you can for performance. I think that would be the best business decision, but again, If your marketing is geared towards strip racers mostly, then my advice is moot.

My point is, you don't want to exclude anyone from your project. Having a focus group such as this forum is a good way to shake out your plans, but you have to remember, your market shall dictate your business ventures.