Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The new Dakota Digital connector cable arrived today...it fixed the buzzing issue, and now all the gauges power up and cycle like they should. The only remaining issue I'm trying to sort out is that I'm not getting any information to the gauges from the FAST ECU through the BIM module, so no RPM & engine temp (or fuel pressure, A/F ratio). One of their engineers is investigating. Fortunately, oil pressure, speed, voltage, and fuel level don't go through the BIM. So if I have to bag the BIM, I'll just have to run a couple more wires from the engine bay to the tach and temp inputs on the DD control box. Not a big deal but would like to avoid having to run any more wires.

Since the oil pressure gauge was working, I decided to do a little tuning to see if I could get her to idle better. First thing I tried was opening up the throttle blades a little (which closes the IAC a bit)...that's all it took!

Finally feel like I'm on the home stretch. Once the BIM issue is straightened out, I'll spend some time tidying up the wires in the engine bay and under the dash. After that, should be ready for a voyage down the driveway.