View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Boost Engineer

Ok, if you compare Picture #2 with Picture #4 you will see that the Choke Cable is missing from the Hole that the cable passes thru in the airhorn ring. Not a big deal there.

The thing that is interesting and I have only seen it a few times in Holley Experimental Carburetors is the "Sleeved Carb Venturi Inserts". Two carbs on special 366 cid Ford Tri-Power NASCAR Primary Carb set-ups and this time on the 3 BBL 950 CFM carb in the Picture.

I worked on the special 366 cid Ford Tri-Power NASCAR Primary Carb set-ups and Holley Experimented on the two sets of special 429 Super Cobra Jet Tri-Power Carbs. The 429 carbs were the ones I rebuilt and tuned for the Ford Engineer. Notice the bright aluminum rings in the pictures of the Primary Venturis.

But this is the first time I have seen a picture of the sleeved 3-BBL carb in a internet picture.
(The actual carb cfm on the stock 3-BBL was 950 cfm). With the sleeved insert 780 (3310 venturi) the carb was probably closer to a real 870 cfm carb but with a 3-BBL design. Holley sold a lot of 3-BBLs to Baldwin-Motion on Long Island NY for the Chebbys so this carb could have been a test carb from that effort.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.