View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 10:14 PM
Boost Engineer

Tooski had a question about a Secondary Metering Block that did not have a kill bleed hole in the emulsion channel. Some metering blocks were built with only one emulsion bleed and no kill bleed. Holley Metering Blocks have had several locations where they drilled the kill bleed hole. Most times it intersects with the main jet feed passage to the booster inlet.

In this case I told him that farther up the emulsion channel (near the top of the block) are 3 depression dimpled spots. I told him to drill a hole in the second dimple from the top using a #71 drill bit as that is a common hole size for metering blocks with kill bleed hole in that area.

So PMs work well and then after we work out a solution at times I may post up the fix if it seems like it would be beneficial for everyone.
Like I said there were metering blocks without any kill bleed holes but for his deal adding one will not be an issue to the calibration or the emulsion circuit.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.