View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
My old and stupid ars doesn't see 3 tenths and 3mph from a carb and distributor swap, unless I missed something someplace?.......And yes I saw where you mentioned it was at that track but picking up 3mph and .3 is HUGE in this game.

The race is made on the starting line and nothing good happens until you stick the car really hard even when you have made changes and making more power someplace.

Sticking the car really hard with big power also finds ALL the weak spots behind the engine. Drag radials have a pretty good learning curve associated with them. They require a LOT more heat than "cheater slicks" or bias ply slicks with a couple of grooves cut in them.

Drag radials also wear out quickly as a result of having to "cook" them some to find good traction. I still like the stability they provide on the top end of the track compared to bias ply DOT's with abotu 12psi in them which feels like having a skate board under your backside at the top end of the track.

To get solidly into the 11's you'll need to be well into the 1.6's for 60' times and getting thru the 1/8th mile around 7.70-7.80 seconds. At 3300lbs that shouldn't take much more than about 470-480hp......
When I switched to radials I was told to give them one good burnout to start the day and the rest of the runs just knock the rocks off. Which I did, just a quick little spin to knock off the rocks and any water left in the box from the last guy.
It worked fine, 1.45 60 foots. I have bias tires back on the car because that was all I could get when I ordered them last year.
I plan on going back to them, MT Pro Bracket Radials, after I wear these out. I too liked the stability on the big end after getting off the gas on the big end.