View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Boost Engineer

Just so you don't think I was putting HIS off on his very rare 1050 Dominator Carb, IF I posted info on modifying a similar part number Dominator carb from a later production year, he would have destroyed the value of a very unique Dominator Carb offered to the Public in the 1st year of production. Not Racer Only units.

Later I will talk a bit about ASSUMING things that you read.
I will say that a 4150 style carb is not a Dominator Carb and adjustments for the .020" window in the Transfer Slot to Carb Blade Position WILL Be WRONG if messing with a Dominator Carb.
More like .005" window or a covered window from the top looking down but a filed edge exposing a very small slot.
This has to do with the size of the Dominator Carb in relation to the Idle Air Flow the engine actually wants.
A Dominator carb can be made to idle at 850 rpm and be happy with a big duration camshaft (in a Pontiac Engine)
using proper carb techniques. That being said, the camshaft type and spring pressures must be considered for the idle rpm too.
More later.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.