View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 06:47 PM

Default codes

John V. Thanks for info. Lot's of data to search for. Didn't go out in the garage to check out the data plate but did look up all the codes on the PHS. You hit almost all of them but some have changed from '58 to '62.
following is what I found different from what you posted.
ES -power antenea
K -2 speed wiper's
KK -foam cushion, rear( believe this is the arm rest)
J -listed twice for some odd reason but is the parking brake light
J1 -isn't listed in my previous post
G2 is GZ -remote mirror
DM -decor moulding(probably standard on GP)
FR -dome/reading/map lite
HX -cigarette lighter & ash tray lite
CL -power steering & brake's(standard on GP I think)
SZ -bucket seat's(standard on GP)
QC -spare tire cover
AB -8 lug al. wheel's
That leave's the SY code unaccounted for. It is listed on the build sheet from PHS at the end of the codes but has no place for the code to be inserted. Just hanging out there in the middle of no where. There's a series of number & letter's off to the side in two row's, one above the other. Just below the SY is the number 60 but don't believe they have any relationship to one another. just a "storage" place for them. Maybe something for the assembly line worker's? As Matt would say, the guy's name!!
All the other code's match what you indicated so apparently there were some change's between '58 & '62 but not a lot.
There are number's listed for the different item's in the PHS documentation also. For example, the first area to be checked on the option list is htr. & under that is listed push button or manual. Under that is listed the letter codes of BC & BD. Following that down another line is the number 38 & two empty boxes that could be checked for one or the other. With AC, as this car has, the push button would have been standard. Based on the PHS document's, my guess is '62 was using a combination of letter's & number's for the line's. Still leave's the problem of solving the SY code. It appear's on both the build sheet & PHS but no where in sequence to be decoded.
Been trying to solve this mystery for several year's & have contacted Mike Gripo of POCI fame too. He didn't have a clue either even after actually seeing a copy of the build sheet from PHS. Odd situation.
Have an accs. catalog but there's no letter or number codes listed in it. Just if it's factory or dealer installed. Maybe it's a mystery that'll never be solved.