View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, might not have to worry about the tension springs. While poking around there I found out that the bottom side of the panel the hinges are mounted on is toast. This is the piece between the bottom of the rear window and the trunk lid. Also found that the trunk lip there along the top is mostly gone. Hadn't seen that before pulling the trunk gasket off. Anyone know if the repro piece includes the lip?

And then more rust last night. Removed the stainless from the windshield and back window. The cowl has some rust thru along the bottom of the winshield. Mainly around the passenger side wiper. But also where the seam is at the point that the top meets the side on the driver's side. Hoping it isn't worse than it looks. Trying to get the dash out hopefully tonight so I can look from the inside.

Also took the wiper motor and arms off, as well as the heater blower box on the firewall. Steering column is on the hot list for tonight. Wanted to do it last night, but the cotter pin that holds the linkage from the column down wouldn't come out. Hit it with PB blaster and let it set, came right out, but by that time I was ready to call it a night.

No pictures, forgot to take the camera to the garage. Will get some tonight.

Russ

Last edited by russosborne; 10-11-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added question