View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default well, got po'd at myself enough to get something done

car isn't in the garage, but I have started tearing it apart anyway. Not supposed to rain here this weekend, hope I can get it in tomorrow, or else I need to buy a tarp.

removed the hood, fenders, doors, trunk lid, and rear seat. For as much rust as this car has, things came apart fairly easily. I know for a fact the drivers fender is not original. It is the wrong year.

Found lots more rust than I had hoped to. Definitely have to replace the trunk pan. Also found some rust on both lower areas of the cowl/firewall-the corners outside of the frame rail. I think I can fix that by patching, but won't know for sure until I get all the paint off.

Area under the rear seat looks ok.

Struggling with removing the rear bumper. Trying to figure out which bolts need to come off, using the factory service manual I have on cd, but think I need to pring out the picture so I can have it with me at the car. Have CRS.

Also need to remove the trunk lid tension rods. Manual didn't say how to do that. Going with a fiberglass lid, so really don't want them on.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cowl lower front driver.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	259477   Click image for larger version

Name:	pass side cowl lower.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	259478   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk 1.JPG