View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
I wanted Tom V to answer first as he is a carburetor expert. Here are a few more thoughts;

We set the primary throttle plates as mentioned with just a square of the transition slot showing. Convert the secondary side so the idle can be adjusted on the car. If it is not like this already you can buy a kit, or you can install the throttle shaft stop set screw upside down to accomplish this task. Most likely your idle speed will be too high with all four transition slots showing. You want to reduce the idle from the secondary side, then double check the accelerator pump arm adjustment. If the throttle plates have the idle air holes drilled in them they will probably need to be plugged.

It's worthwhile to try but depending how your 780 is set up, your stall speed and weight of your car will determine what gains will be seen with the 950. I think an 850 vacuum secondary would be the hot set up for your combination, especially if your converter is a bit on the tight side and car is a little heavy.
Forgive my ignorance as its been a number of years since I have messed with a carb but would the primary adjustment be accomplished with the carb off the car or it it possible installed? I Have a billet 1050 4150 fst carb with duel idle screws and im fighting the a/f meter trying to get a clean idle and keep the car running. This might possibly be why If I have my transfer slot to exposed?