View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Gach,
I will take this to mean you don't believe CR is a factor in intake duration, exhaust duration split.

Stan
Stan come on get over yourself, do you even take the time to read my response.
Or is your anxiety so great if you can’t get through the whole thing. Let me help you out my friend. Important things to know about picking the cam. Air speed in the port, intake to exhaust flow ratio…compression. And of course cross-sectional area. Whats the head flow. A head with 250 air speed is going to need A completely different cam. To try and help it. 250 air speed not good, but you can Band-Aid it with a right cam. How about a set of Wide ports that had air speed of 425, and had to bring it down to 350. Best he could do. And guess what it pick up allot more hp. No names on who’s wide ports they were. Now when call a cam company do they know exactly what those heads are, like how was the valve job, did it suck. When you say Pontiac iron d-port heads which are the most deficient head that’s been known for 50 years, which any cam company with a grain of salt Knows that. Probably got it right in their Computer program. And depending on the application it probably isn’t too many cam choices. It’s hard to put this all in perspective is it 14.1….12.1 compression or is it a pump gas deal.

Last edited by Gach; 12-14-2023 at 05:37 PM.