View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I grew up in Santa Clara, which borders Sunnyvale. In the late 70's I served my automotive apprenticeship at Sunnyvale Lincoln Mercury which was the next block up from Hopkins Pontiac, so I passed it about 20 times a day while taking test drives. I had a 65 GTO at the time and would buy parts for it at Hopkins. The Hopkins family has been around forever, and I think the son, Steve Hopkins owns a Honda or Acura dealer in Fairfield. The Lamplighter sounds familiar, but I can't picture it in my mind. Too long ago I guess. Besides, back then I hung out at the De Anza Lounge.

Expensive, hell yes. My parents bought their house in Santa Clara in 1965 for 30K. Santa Clara and Sunnyvale were all cherry orchards back then. Those same houses sell for a million bucks now, and it will get worse now that Apple is building their world headquarters on the Santa Clara/Sunnyvale/Cupertino border. The new 49er stadium won't help with traffic either. Personally, I can't stand the place anymore, just a concrete jungle now, and too much traffic. Besides, I only speak English, so I don't fit in there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaglesan13 For This Useful Post: