View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 12:52 PM
Senior Chief

So here's a "fun" thing: the hub bore is wrong on the reproduction wheels. OEM hub bore is 70.3mm, which I confirmed on my OEM 15x7 snowflakes. The wheels center very nicely on the hub, there's no play. The hub bore on the reproductions is 72.6mm, which leaves a crapton of wiggle room around the hub and makes it absolutely impossible to center them since the nuts are flat-flange mag nuts with a shaft that's smaller than the stud holes. So the only way to fit these wheels is with hub centric rings, which are not included. That's really lame, considering they're supposed to be REPRODUCTIONS specific to this application... there's absolutely no instance of an F-body using a 72.6mm hub bore, they're all 70.3mm throughout all generations. I guess maybe they purposely made them larger than OEM so they could accommodate other vehicles, like many other aftermarket wheel manufacturers do. But in that case, hub centric rings should've been included.

Luckily, those hub centric rings are at least somewhat commonly available, so I can rectify the issue. But dude... still not cool.

Hilariously, the Summit Racing listing for these wheels lists them as having conical seats for nuts, which is completely wrong. But I was expecting mag-style nuts, so that's not really an issue.