View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairthreegto View Post
He bought it.
Had a guy go appraise it.

He was friend/family knew him for 20 years and on the scale of older friends fell into the scale somewhere between good friend to uncle/step-father range.

A handful of times I have driven the hell out of it with him.

Man it runs nice.

The 69 I had in HS with a later 70s 455 from a junk yard, lets just say the engine was not so nice. My RAIII spec 400 is nice, but man is this sweet.

Pull of the dash carpet and it has a couple of hairline cracks. Could not convince him seeing the cracks beat seeing the carpet.

The temp gauge does not work.

I do not know how to mess with the 3 pronged thermo-switch or how it should function.

I was going to get to those and help him pick a 70 RA set up, scoops, and humbler repro for it.

Sadly, he has passed recently.

I am so glad he got it and had some time to enjoy it.

Biggest kick in the ass is I just barely retired after almost 30 years in the military and was having more time to spend with and visit friends and family.

I am going to end up with it. Not sure how much yet, but it is a foregone conclusion.
Sorry to hear of your friends passing. Sometimes the best thing someone can enjoy before they pass is driving a really nice car. Sounds like you guys go to do a lot of that!