View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 06:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdoro 68 View Post
While I wait for the heads, I am having a hell of a time getting this thing to seal up.

Since my last go 'round, I put a new BOP one piece pan seal on using dabs of Permatex black in the four corners. That stuff seems to seal much better, but I've still got a few drips from the rear of the pan. Looks like there's definitely a leak on the rear arch arch. I left the tabs on the seal this time, but probably shouldn't have since they don't line up that great with my pan. I think they interfered with the rear arch seating properly, so I'll cut them off for this next attempt.

I am seeing some oil collected on the rear of the crank, but it doesn't appear to be wet up by the rear main seal, so I think the oil carried over from the pan while I had the engine tipped. Any way to be sure it's not the rear main too? I'm also seeing oil collected at the top of the rear main stud thread. Not sure if it's seeping up or residual from having the block upside down on the stand.

Any tips to get this thing to seal? I didn't think it would be this difficult.

I used the BOP one piece pan gasket and it leaked in the back. I ended up pulling the engine back out and used a bead of Right Stuff on both sides of the gasket. Sealed it up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk