View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Most owners only care about getting from the house to a car show anyway."

+1, 2, and 3!.......

In most cases the end user only cares if the car starts and moves under it's own power and doesn't stall out, hesitate, stumble, bog too bad, or give them any major issues during that deal. If it's not flawless or sucks down a lot more fuel than it should they really don't care as the car only gets driven a couple of times a year, they don't go far, and are just happy it got them to the car show and back to the house without ending up on a roll-back.

This is also why parts that may not be all that great get good and sometimes even RAVING reviews. Once "vested" in something, good, bad or just so-so folks tend to want to spread that "love" around a little anyhow, and in many cases fixing what they already head was way outside their job description, so it didn't work for chit no matter how much effort they put into it. So with all that in mind the accuracy of their reviews and ratings will be somewhat bias more times than not.

You also have to consider with this Internet rating system crap that there will be folks who give an excellent product a bad review because it took too long to show up after they placed the order, or they didn't like the color of the package it came in.

In any case I'll just call it like it is, the vast majority of cars (and trucks) I see at any local car show will have Edelbock AFB clones on them. I do NOT see very many AVS clones....why?........Because they are TWICE the cost......

I've seen Edelbrock push those POS AFB clones for less than $200. I suspect "seconds" or "reconditioned" units folks sent back to them, but doesn't matter, cheap gets the sale when it comes to these things......FWIW.......

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cliff R For This Useful Post: