View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
As my policy is getting ready for renewal I was looking around and I wanted to take inventory of some of you guy’s experience. I have Hagerty at 65k. When this project first started I had a break in and had a lot of my parts stolen (some with no receipts) and they paid promptly no hesitation. Now I am reading on BBB and others that they got bought by a company called Essentia and have gone in the toilet. I need someone who is gonna cover me and let me drive it. Not as a daily driver, I won’t be exceeding Hagerty requested 7500 miles but it will get driven a lot. I have my car, my truck, and my wife’s new Equinox so showing other regular drivers isn’t a problem. Who are you using or even better what’s your experience with Hagerty for a car claim?
Don't think Hagerty got bought out by Essentia. Essentia writes policies for them but you can go to the Hagerty website and buy your policy direct just as you always did. Hagerty recently merged with ALD Financial and went public and as part of this merger there was a 704 million investment by State Farm and Markel Corporation and other parties. It's confusing but bottom line is that Hagerty is still in the same business but is now part of a conglomerate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 61-63 For This Useful Post: