View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 03:11 PM

Thank you all for the quick responses.
Steve, the 120 lb spring pressure was written on the receipt by the head builder 20 years ago. I figured if it came down to pulling the motor to scrub oil passages, I would send the heads to a machine shop with new springs and have him confirm/set the new spring height and pressure.

Formulajones, I agree it's hard to blame faulty parts in a 20 year old build. I hadn't heard anything about faulty lifters back then like I do now. This car did sit, sometimes for years at a time. I had really screwed up the paint job on it back then and parked it until the pandemic when I pulled it out and repainted it and fell back in love with it.

b-man, That all makes sense. I will put the Melling SPC-7 on my list. Is there a known go-to highest quality lifter that you all use with this cam? I'm wild guessing a 10:1 CR with my 62 (72cc) heads and those L2262 pistons, does that combination work with that cam alright?

And do you all suggest pulling the motor to do a deep clean? Would you install new bearings or rings? I know I want to replace and update some gaskets and the rear seal as I was getting some drips from it.