View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I researched LEDs for our '12 Civic, I read this and bought Beamtech LEDs. Installation was pretty easy and the price seemed pretty reasonable at the time.

https://www.bulbfacts.com/led-kits/r...it-review.html

Replacing the lenses makes a LOT of sense to me. I've tried cleaning lenses but never had any real success, problem for the Civic and especially my '04 GP lenses is primarily on the INSIDE. Abrasive cleaning/polishing of the exterior proved a waste of time for me.

I only replaced the low beams. My wife and I both immediately noticed better night time visibility. They replaced OE bulbs that likely were not as bright as when new so it is unclear whether the improved visibility was any better than if I had replaced the bulbs with new OE equivalent halogens.

The GP lenses are so bad that new bulbs won't help. I have a set of new lenses for the GP I bought several years ago but drive the car so infrequently these days, they remain unopened in the boxes. Always figured I'd install them during a refresh that is unlikely to ever happen. But I'll put new bulbs in if and when the new lenses get installed and wouldn't hesitate to buy Beamtechs again.