View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGermanHam View Post
I was planning to use adhesive-backed velcro strips to keep the foam in place while still being easily removable. As you say, the ram air setup can deal with a moderate amount of rain. When you're driving, I'd be willing to bet that the low-pressure zone surrounding the hood scoop inlet doesn't actually see much direct rain. If it starts raining cats & dogs, remove the pan foam, plug the hood scoop with your socks, and you're good to go.

I actually have two hood scoop inserts (one open, one closed) and I plan to keep the extra one in the trunk. If I feel truly compelled to do so, I can swap the open insert for the closed insert while on the road and on carry on. But most likely I'll just remove the foam and jam my socks in the open scoop. Most of our cars probably never see rain at this point in their lives anyway.

It is definitely worth mentioning this to OP. Not everyone knows it isn't as simple as replacing the insert. Personally, I wasn't concerned with the removing the hood metal that needs to be taken out, but I totally get why someone else might not want to do it to their GTO. My car was so far from original by the time I got it that I figured adding some period correct performance enhancements would be worthwhile. And a metal fabricator could easily return it back to stock if it really came down to it.

I see where the large cut came from but where did the two small pieces come from?