View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 09:10 AM

A lot of helpful information here, thank you. I'm sorry I didn't have time to reply yesterday, had to work and didn't get a chance to try anyone's suggestions.

To answer some of the questions, all the cylinders had between 160 and 165 psi of compression when I tested, except 2 and 4, which had 0. Those are dry test numbers, I didn't try wet.

I did reuse the head gasket, The engine had never been run at that point. I didn't respray the block, I assume the copper you see there is from the original application. I didn't respray the head either.

I can't remember what we did with head bolts, I don't see them itemized on the invoice.

Yes, they are 87 cc heads. It's possible the water was running out the cross over, the intake side was down when I filled the port.

When I get off work tonight, I will try some of the suggestions above and answer the other questions. I ordered a valve compressor and a leak down tester. Sounds like the best of course of action when those come in would be to reinstall the head and do a leak down test.

Really appreciate all the input.