View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some great information here, all appreciated.

The Holley instructions say it is OK to deadhead the fuel supply but running it the way it was intended (with a return) is probably best. It really is just one more hose connection but that said is my existing 5/16" return line too small? A buddy of mine installs these all day long and says they do it all the time with no self-learning or fuel curve issues and typically install the Corvette style filter/regulator n the frame rail under the car in-line with the supply and return lines for GM just behind the front wheel. I guess there's lots of way.

In a new development last night, a damaged box Holley Sniper tank pump and sending unit magically appeared at the Holley Store for $350 delivered. Holley says it is damaged box only, contents same as new. It is a Buick GS stock number and only differs in the length of the filler neck. Given the price, I am willing to saw my fill neck off and mount it on the Sniper tank since they all have separate tank and filler neck anyway.

As cheap as that was, I couldn't pass it up for ease of install and will return the other pump and pickup when it arrives. I hate to do that but you know how it goes. I wish I had a dollar for every time this kind of thing happens. I pull the trigger on what fits my budget and wham! a better deal magically appears that wasn't there the day before. In this case, I had to act on it as it will simplify the install.