View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some great information here, all appreciated.

The Holley instructions say it is OK to deadhead the fuel supply and running it the way it was intended (with a return) is probably best. It really is just one more hose connection but that said is my existing 5/16" return line too small? A buddy of mine installs these all day long and says they do it all the time with no self-learning or fuel curve issues and typically installs the Corvette style filter/regulator in the recess of the frame rail under the car. I guess there's lots of way.

In a new development last night, a damaged box Holley Sniper tank pump and sending unit magically appeared at the Holley Store for $350 delivered. Holley says it is a damaged box only, contents same as new. It is a Buick GS stock number and only differs in the length of the filler neck. I figure it will be simple enough to saw my fill neck off and mount it on the Sniper tank since they all have separate tank and filler neck anyway and pocket the $300 difference. Having the pre-configured setup will speed things up.

As cheap as that was, I couldn't pass it up for ease of install and will return the other pump and pickup when it arrives. I hate to do that but you know how it goes. I wish I had a dollar for every time this kind of thing happens. I pull the trigger on what fits my budget and wham! a better deal magically appears that wasn't there the day before. In this case, I had to act on it.